In partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Pennsylvania Campus Compact (PACC) is pleased to announce the availability of AmeriCorps*VISTAawards to our member institutions for the 2013-2014 academic year. In exchange for a full-time PACC AmeriCorps*VISTA, host sites are required to be members of PA Campus Compact and pay a program fee of $5,000.00.
PA Campus Compact is no longer accepting applications for the 2013-2014 program year. To inquire about the 2014-2015 program year, please contact Amy Carraux Price at email@example.com.
The purpose of the AmeriCorps*VISTA program is to enable organizations and low-income communities to expand their capacity to solve their own problems related to the root causes of poverty. PACC*VISTA projects should be developed around a three-year timeline for completion that builds community capacity and ultimately leads to a project that is self-sustaining at the end of that period.
The project and PACC*VISTA member’s work must explicitly address the following program goals:
1. To develop or enhance campus-community efforts to address one of the identified project focus areas;
2. To create, develop, or sustain reciprocal, mutually beneficial partnerships between the campus and community organizations, leaders, and members;
3. To foster PACC*VISTA members as professionals and emerging leaders in the fields of community development, civic engagement, and/or higher education.
For the 2013-2014 program year, PACC*VISTA members will be assigned to member campuses with projects in the one of the following areas:
1. EDUCATION: Improving academic achievement of at-risk K-12 students
2. EDUCATION: Increasing college access of at-risk high school students
3. HEALTHY FUTURES: Increasing Food Access for low-income families
4. HEALTHY FUTURES: Increasing Access to Health Care for low-income families
5. ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY: Increasing Employment Access for unemployed or under-employed individuals
6. ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY: Increasing Financial Literacy for low-income families
7. ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY: Increasing Housing Access for low-income families
If your campus would like to host a PACC*VISTA member, please review the supplementary documents and complete the application, outlined with links below.
To submit the application, please complete and send all required documents as one (1) .pdf document—with your institution’s name as the title— via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please send Part C: Host Site Application Concept Paper as a separate .pdf document. Note: This may involve scanning and combining of documents.
Applications are due Friday, December 7, 2012 by 12 noon.
Save the date and celebrate PACC's25th Anniversary: October 23, 2013- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Registration opens May 15, 2013.
Save the date for the Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference, Moving Us Forward: Aligning Civic and Community Engagement with Mission and Institutional Effectiveness: October 23-25, 2013- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Click here for more info